2 Cans of chopped tomatoes
• 4 Sticks of celery
• 2 Carrots (200g)
• 2 Small red onions (120g)
• 4 Cloves of garlic
• 5g Dried rosemary
• 60mls Red wine
• 10mls Balsamic vinegar
• 1 Beef stock cube
• Put a large pot on a low heat, finely chop the onion, celery, carrots and garlic and add to the pot. Allow them to sweat (gently cook) down for about
15 minutes or so.
• Turn the heat up slightly to a medium heat and add the balsamic vinegar and red wine, allow it simmer and reduce for 5 minutes.
• Add the beef mince keeping it moving around the pot, breaking it up and allowing it to brown evenly.
• Finally add the 2 cans of tomatoes, rosemary, the beef stock cube, season with salt and pepper and add 100mls of water.
• Turn the heat down and allow it simmer gently for about 15-20 minutes. at this stage the longer it simmers, the more intense the flavour will
• While the sauce is simmering put a large pot of water on a high heat to boil, then add the pasta and allow it to cook for 8-12 minutes, test a small
piece to make sure its done to your liking.
• Serve the pasta with the sauce and (if you have the macros) a handful of grated parmesan cheese.
RECIPE COURTESY OF THE BELTSANDER